Enchiladas pollo de verde
Created by our Chef Sara Fawcett, this traditional Mexican dish will have your mouth watering before it even comes out of the oven!
ENCHILADAS POLLO DE VERDE
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. melted ghee
- 1/8 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 Cup arrowroot powder
- 1 Tsp. coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the melted ghee.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat well to combine.
- In a small (8′) skillet over medium heat, pour in about 1/4 of the batter and immediately roll it around to evenly coat the bottom. The tortilla should start to pull away from the edges as it cooks.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side.
Paleo Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to thicken.
Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 pound tomatillos, papery husks removed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a food processor, pulse the tomatillos, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt until finely chopped.
- Pour over enchiladas and bake at 350 for 10mins.
- Cook chicken any way you like. Roasted chicken was used here.