Created by our Chef Sara Fawcett, this traditional Mexican dish will have your mouth watering before it even comes out of the oven!
ENCHILADAS POLLO DE VERDE
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. melted ghee
- 1/8 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 Cup arrowroot powder
- 1 Tsp. coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the melted ghee.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat well to combine.
- In a small (8′) skillet over medium heat, pour in about 1/4 of the batter and immediately roll it around to evenly coat the bottom. The tortilla should start to pull away from the edges as it cooks.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side.
Paleo Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to thicken.
Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 pound tomatillos, papery husks removed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a food processor, pulse the tomatillos, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt until finely chopped.
- Pour over enchiladas and bake at 350 for 10mins.
- Cook chicken any way you like. Roasted chicken was used here.